Thursday 5 April 2012

Sustainability

The Easter holidays are nearly over, and my thoughts are turning towards the third and final term of my time at Circomedia.

Work has already started coming in for when I'm back in Nottingham, which is fantastic, and I'm over the moon that people seem to be excited about what I've been learning.  The question which is niggling at me though, is how to take this training, and carve a sustainable career from it.  I know from past experience that careers in the Arts are unpredictable - that there will always be times when you're bombarded with work and others when the cupboard is bare.  However, I need to make sure that the work that I'm being offered now and the 'buzz' there is about these new skills coming to the area doesn't fade away after a the first year or so.

Actors, eh?  We're never bloody happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment