Wednesday 9 November 2011

Ramblings

Half term, aahh.  I'm having this weird feeling of really wanting to relax and enjoy not training, mixed with absolute guilt at the thought that I'm not training, mixed with actually quite missing training.  I don't really know what to do with myself...

On Friday I attended a conference in Birmingham called 'Activating Circus in The West Midlands'.  It was a real eye opener, and to be honest, I felt completely out of my depth, surrounded by wonderful people who've been working in circus for over 25 years.  It was also a wake up call to what I'm going to have to get stuck into to market a show or act - the networking, giving out of business cards to strangers and general producer's terminology of which I'm currently completely ignorant.

And today I've been to see my physio, who is totally wonderful and so perceptive with the body.  Apparently I'm training the stronger side of my body too hard, which is resulting in a weak left shoulder and slightly smaller right buttock.  Fancy that!  Who would ever have thought that one of my buttocks would be described as 'small'!

No comments:

Post a Comment