Monday 28 November 2011

Telling stories

What I really love about this course is the precision we are being taught to use when devising in physical theatre. The mantra that Bim seems to refer back to, as I think I shall be doing for the rest of my life, is 'Was everything clear?', and really, that's the absolutely crucial thing.  Because despite theatre being an artform, open to interpretation and development, if your audience doesn't get the story and empathise in the way you'd like them to, then you're probably telling it wrong. 

Stories are how we live and learn.  They are the way we pass down information from generation to generation, how we learn to be responsible as children and adults. I'm starting to feel excited about the stories I think I could tell, and even more excited now that I have a way of telling them.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really interesting, I'm looking forward to being able to share ways of devising with you and sharing stories in physical performance. Ria.

    ReplyDelete